Strategic Sales & Account Manager (Life Science Supply Chain
Salary & Benefits: £50,000 - £62,000 + bonus + Car / (£75,000+ OTE)
Company Profile: Renowned global provider of logistics & supply chain solutions. World class infrastructure delivering a range of complex solutions to the life science, pharma & healthcare sectors
Specialist sectors: Supply Chain / Freight Forwarding / Life Science / Pharma / Healthcare / Cool Chain / Cold Chain / Pharma Chain / Control Tower / Air Freight / Sea Freight / Logistics
Location: South UK / flexible
With tens of thousands of employees and operations around the world, this leading logistics business has emerged as key provider of supply chain solutions to the life science, pharma and healthcare industry. Using cutting edge technology and regional hubs, they deliver customisable solutions to cover every step of the product life cycle. This includes clinical trials, cold chain shipments and dedicated control towers for specific customers. Following a period of sustained growth, an opportunity has arisen to join the business in a senior commercial function based in the South of the UK. The successful candidate will have a background in developing new and existing customers within this highly specialist vertical market, and extensive experience in the freight & supply chain industry.
- Prospecting, customer scoping and evaluation of business fit in advance of appointment.
- Conduct visits, prepare proposals, respond and take ownership of customer Tenders, RFI’setc.
- Design logistics concepts / solutions and price as appropriate, involving product, operations and sales management if necessary.
- Manage margin expectations that’s appropriate to the scope of work.
- Identify customers that would benefit from a complete supply chain review.
- Attending regular customer business review meetings, preparing presentations, implementing KPI’s and manage customer expectations.
- Working in conjunction with the Implementation Manager there is a need to prepare detailed SOP’s and a planned handover to operations or customer services as appropriate.
- Maintain a good mix of opportunities in the sales pipeline and ensure that it is kept up to date and replenished with new opportunities when appropriate.
- Joint sales visits with senior management.
- Life science supply chain experience and a proven track record of new business acquisition.
- Operational supply chain experience would be an advantage.
- Confident sales professional with and understanding of freight forwarding and logistics market place.
- Excellent customer facing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Being capable of approaching key opportunities from a consultative standpoint, as opposed to transactional / product based sales approach.
- The ability to negotiate at senior level and being able to interact with all buying influences.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.
- Business Development
- Supply Chain