Strategic Route Planner
Position: Strategic Route Planner
Customer: Travis Perkins
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd March 2018
For the role of Strategic Route Planner you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage and actively develop a fixed delivery schedule ensuring all customer delivery restrictions are in place, adequate resource is planned across the delivery network (considering changes in seasonality) & the schedule is in-line with all budgetary requirements. Engage with the customer to ensure all requests for changes to the fixed delivery schedules are accurately modelled, implemented, and communicated across the business. Carry out planned vs. actual analysis using all available tools & software to interrogate vehicle telematics data & implement necessary data changes within the route planning software to drive continuous improvements in performance. Develop and maintain a suite of planning KPI's to analyse trends and drive improvements across multiple & varying delivery operations. Use relevant modelling techniques to analyse ad-hoc changes to the delivery network based on changing customer requirements & requests. Present findings, cost analysis & recommendations back to the business.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Maintain master schedule data & act as central contact for customer schedule change requests
* Liaise with colleagues across multiple sites to produce achievable fixed delivery schedules
* Manage customer orders and available customer delivery offerings to ensure key operational targets are adhered to and the agreed level of customer service / delivery offering is achieved
* Carry out continuous analysis of planning data to highlight areas for potential improvement within the operation, involvement with varied project work and supporting the project team where required.
* Liaise with the customer services department on a daily basis and assist with any queries and special / ad-hoc requests where required
* Create accurate daily management reports & support weekly quicks generation
* Develop KPI information for on-going monitoring of the operations transport solution
* Deal with ad-hoc management & customer requests
* Run model scenarios for UK wide transport networks to identify operational improvements, service enhancements and/or cost saving and potential new opportunities
* Attend management meetings when appropriate
* Continually review working practices in conjunction with the Business Support Manager
* Review depot performance against plan to improve contract performance
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Ability to cope with a changing working environment dependent on seasonal changes and customer requirements
* Experience of Paragon routing software and Microlise Telematics & execution systems
* Experience in a transport environment
* Experience of computerised planning and scheduling systems
* Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Excel)
* Able to Work on Own Initiative and Bring Forward New Ideas
* Good working knowledge of driver's hours legislation
* Excellent Organiser
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: