Investigo are delighted to be supporting a Milton Keynes based Retailer with their recruitment of a Strategic Planning & Forecasting Analyst.
The Reporting & Forecasting team provides a key link between the various business partnering and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets, forecasts and strategic plans as well as delivering corporate performance reporting e.g. weekly trading packs, periodic management accounts and investor relations analysis.
The Strategic Planning & Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for:
- Establish and drive the on-going delivery of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes with support from the Strategic Planning & Forecasting Assistant Analyst, from initial planning of processes to final delivery to key stakeholders.
- Produce impactful channel reporting, analysis and insight in a format that the business can easily interpret and act upon.
- Consolidate and communicate business performance to various key stakeholders including board level.
- Build a high level of understanding to enable clear articulation of robust forecasts which have been appropriately challenged with key stakeholders.
- Drive creation of the strategic planning and forecasting process to provide the board with insight and analysis to understand the direction of the business. This will include short term Latest Views, medium term forecasts and long term strategic plans.
- Help convert the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes from long arduous planning cycles to quick and agile processes that provide the same business understanding and insight but requiring fewer resources without the comprise on accuracy, insight and direction.
- Own the creation of forecasting timetables, ensuring buy-in from key finance stakeholders to deliver achievable but challenging plans.
- Own the delivery of the detailed sales and margin plans which underpin the forecasting processes with support from the Strategic Planning and Forecasting Assistant Analyst.
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives and implementation of internal & external best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs including:
- Data quality improvements
- Channel reporting improvements e.g. report rationalisation, design and implementation
- Responsible for managing relationships with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with Finance & Non-Finance stakeholders.
The successful Candidate will be a Professionally Qualified individual with 0-3 years PQE, and a strong FP&A background. They will be an exceptional communicator, who can influence and lead senior stakeholders.
Our Client is offering a salary of £42,000 - £47,000 + Excellent Benefits