Focused solely on innovation, this role will work with the GM of Digital Product & Innovation to set the vision and agenda for innovation in the department. This role will lead the Innovation Lab to research and explore technology, products & services and consumer trends, as well as creating a blueprint for innovation in E-Commerce (with potential to expand within the Distribution & Cruise business area). The ultimate aim of this role is to bring excitement into the E-Commerce function by being at the forefront of technological and consumer trends. The role will also work with Group Innovation to leverage and integrate start-up and business opportunities scouted by Group Innovation through its PlugandPlay partnership.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. From now on, the broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella will consist of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. This integrated offering will enable us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
The role will be required to keep up to date with the rapid changes in technology and customer behavior in the UK. This will be achieved not only through robust analysis of external & competitor innovations and trends impacting the business, but also through developing effective relationships across the organization (both UK&I and Group) as well as working with individuals and teams to encourage and facilitate innovation within the area of E-Commerce, with potential extension to the wider Distribution and Cruise area.
The role will be accountable for setting the strategy for innovation. Work with key stakeholders to encourage and develop a culture of innovation and turn ideas into practical deliverables to demonstrate some early wins and set out a roadmap for future innovation opportunities. Research the latest developments & trends as well as managing and evaluating the lab’s innovation pipeline. The role will set up recurring innovation forums with innovation champions from the area and line manage a small team of innovators (with focus and expertise in technology, business and testing/optimizing within the E-Commerce framework).
The role holder will ensure that any successful ideas generated by or pitched to the Lab and accepted by the business are delivered as prototypes and proof of concepts, delivering to budget, time and scope. They will be required to liaise regularly with key stakeholders to provide updates on progress. The role will also be responsible for managing and assigning tasks to members of the Innovation Lab, scheduling and monitoring work as well as reviewing results. The role will look to identify potential external partners and may also oversee hiring and managing of short-term contractors brought in for various initiatives.
The role will also be required to liaise/partner with counterparts in the TUI Group to ensure that they have an awareness of any forthcoming innovative projects that the UK&I E-Commerce function (with potential extension to wider D&C area could implement or experiment with, to ascertain whether there are any potential synergies and to also ensure that we are not duplicating work. Building and maintenance of an external network to the business and industry to put forward ideas and work collaboratively on initiatives is also part of this role.
Lastly, the Strategic Innovation Manager will act as innovation change agent, providing leadership in the change of organizational/innovation culture and mindset of colleagues. The role will exercise decision-making and independent judgment while ensuring that the customer is at the heart of all innovation initiatives.
What we are looking for
• Proven ability to influence stakeholders and drive results in a matrix structure
• An individual who never stops looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight customers, improve operational excellence and grow the business
• Creative and innovative thinker with ability to bring new concepts and solutions alive
• Analytical ability to drive coherent research in the support of strategy development
• Proven ability to drive operational development and related initiatives, managing multiple stakeholders
• Excellent communicator, written and verbal with attention to detail and ability to challenge and positively influence both internally and externally, across peer group and within a matrix management structure.
• Organised, structured and resilient
• An analytical and intellectually assertive individual
• Dedicated to our customers – following trends and the market to understand customer expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
• Ability to act as a project “driver”, facilitating the required achievement
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Coaching, leading and motivating skills
• A talented professional who wants to learn, grow and drive their career
Working within TUI group
TUI Groupis the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
To apply for the role please click the link below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job