M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Information Manager to join an existing Operations Group and shape and lead a strategic information services function within a global Real Estate fund investment company.
You will be required to proactively drive the business/systems information strategy, engaging and supporting business stakeholders in identifying and managing key business data demand as a consequence of the Yardi Voyager platform implementation, devising and documenting key data processes and communicating data management process changes where relevant. As the Yardi Voyager implementation moves forward, this role will continually shape the data landscape and define processes for managing new data sources and refine existing data where necessary.
You will be working closely with an existing IT Team, change programme resources, regional operational teams, strategic global business partners and key software vendors. This role also involves liaison with other internal IT technical staff, project resources and Yardi consultants. Key to this role will be ensuring that the data from the Yardi Voyager UK, EMEA and APAC implementations is fully integrated with existing and new upstream business processes/systems and the wider IT platform within a highly governed and structured environment.
You will also be required to work with the Head of Operations and IT Director to create define the roles and responsibilities for a new strategic data services function, which covers the scope of new accountabilities and some existing roles.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Create and own a business/systems information strategy and data governance model comprehensively documenting the current state and future end state.
• Undertake a holistic review of current and future business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and establish the underlying data requirements to fulfil their generation.
• Define and agree with key business stakeholders the business processes required to validate and maintain business data required to support KPIs.
• Review micro level data models for each application and identify key data gaps and inconsistencies and develop plan/project with key business stakeholders to source missing data and reformat/clean existing data.
• Define and agree with key business stakeholders any refinement of business processes, business rules and quality assurance required to maintain new data or reformatted data.
• Work closely with the technical teams: IT Architecture and IT Application Support & Development to agree any systems changes and/or database changes required for missing data and reformat/clean existing data.
• Undertake an organisational review of the Current Operating Model - covering direct data processing, data interfaces/imports, data quality assurance, data support and key reporting activities.
• Define the Target Operating Model for a new strategic information services function, defining the accountabilities and responsibilities for the function.
• Specifically for an expected growth area of data interfaces/imports fully investigate and assess both in-house and outsourced data management/data quality assurance solutions.
• Identify the specific job roles within the strategic data services function and define role responsibilities and lead recruitment as necessary.
• Lead and line manage the strategic information services function and resources.
• Ensuring production of consistently high quality business and technical documentation.
• Work within wider organisational/project plans, meeting business and project timescales within budget and to the agreed level of quality.
• Following a formal lifecycle approach in adherence to standards.
• Maintaining positive and effective relations with key business stakeholders and members of the Operations, IT team and project teams.
You will need to have a strong background and experience within the Real Estate industry and practical depth knowledge in working with complex data and Real Estate systems (ideally including Yardi Voyager) and proven track record of roles in a fund management or property management environment, and recent experience of similar multi-jurisdiction data requirements would be a clear advantage. Strong financial services/investment management knowledge is also required. Previous team / line management experience would be beneficial although not essential as we are prepared to develop the right individual into this aspect of the role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"