Work as a true business partner - gaining comprehensive understanding of business needs and assert influence through strong customer relationships,working with the business to increase employee engagement - driving change and a positive culture within the business, manage any emerging IR/ER risk whilst maintaining collaborative union relationships at local functional and regional level.
A leading rail company based in Central London.
- Develop and implement IR strategy and leadership of functional and local trade union relationships to support change implementation and avoidance of industrial disputes.
- Take the lead in ensuring the correct interpretation and application of HR policies, trade union agreements and employment law throughout the company whilst maintaining relationships that build trust and cooperation.
- Lead on implementation of agreed policies and procedures that support the achievement of the business objectives whilst seeking to maximise the contribution of our employees and their engagement.
- Working with the HR Director, lead the support to Heads of Department and Directors in building and implementing agreed IR strategy and plans, pay deals and dispute resolution.
- Produce and deliver a plan that promotes the union relationship with a diarised plan of formal meetings with agendas and timescales including local, functional and full company council
- Using an extensive network of line managers and union representatives, combined with various media channels, develop an early warning system for the business on all key issues, seeking early resolution ahead of any issues
- Ensure the collective bargaining machinery is effective and reviewed in line with employment legislation to operate effectively.
- Build and develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders contributing to the success of company operational goals.
- Attend and contribute to business unit meetings as agreed. Attend all necessary HR meetings.
- Act as a conduit between the business and HR to ensure alignment of strategic HR and operational goals.
- Facilitate and support business delivery through the provision of professional guidance and support relating to agreed people strategies to meet business objectives.
HR Team Leadership
- Lead, support and develop direct reports within the HR team to provide comprehensive and professional Human Resources support
HR Change Agent - Transformation projects
- Ability to lead and support on change initiatives. This could involve organisation restructuring, introduction of new technology and different working practices.
- Working within their client area to increase employee engagement - retention, motivation, succession planning and development
- Input to design and manage implementation of HR processes to ensure they are fit for purpose to achieve customer business goals.
- Work closely with managers to identify required competency and performance levels. Analyse gaps and support managers in the identification of appropriate development and training programmes to enhance business performance.
- Implement agreed resourcing, retention, performance management and succession planning solutions within the business.
- Work with the business to ensure that the headcount budget is managed professionally and that plans to manage shortfalls are implemented.
- Share professional knowledge within the broader HR team
- Graduate level or equivalent (E)
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (E)
- Extensive Trade Union experience - building strong relations (including at Full Time Officer level), ideally within the rail industry (or engineering or construction type environment)
- Experience of leading change programmes
- HR generalist with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Leading, developing and coaching
- Good knowledge of employment law
Skills and competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, communications, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility at all levels within the organisation, including Director level
- Proactive and flexible approach
- Ability to work within defined processes
- Presentation, influencing and good report writing skills
- IT skills
£60,000 - £70,000
- employee relations
- Industrial relations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job