An intermediate level position where associates progress their career and are training on specific technologies in support of Daisy's product strategy. These engineers would be cross trained on different technologies to give us the strategic option - A broad range of skills in multiple technologies and disciplines which are strategically places geographically and aligned to the strategic objectives of the business.
- To service / or install range of data and wireless devices across a varied estate of public and commercial organisations
- Required to be part of an out of hours rota
- To be aware of and meet the KPI’s and objectives set for you by your line manager. This will include a combination of lone working and team work
- Raise technical escalations to senior team members to ensure problem free solutions deployment.
- To maintain a level of knowledge, skills and certification, in alignment with business needs and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Provide functional support for other internal departments based on skill, location and availability requirements
- To be aware of and to comply with the documented quality system as it applies to your role (ISO Audits)
- Attend where possible all company / manager briefings
- Adhere to the Company Dress Code
- To be willing to undertake overtime to meet customer and company needs
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
- your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
- the principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
Carry out any 'adhoc’ assignments as and when required.
To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Security clearance is required by Daisy (All New Starters) There is a minimum need for security level SC
- Understanding of engineering principles and practice, usually supported by achievement of the intermediate level of manufacturer accreditation standard
- Engineering background in a customer services or field engineering role with a high degree of emphasis on troubleshooting and installations
- Current UK driving licence
- Customer Care
- Time Management
- Ability to work without supervision
- Communications (oral & written)
- Use of relevant IT and software
- Routinely deploy networking solutions with both hardware and software
- Complex fault finding / hardware diagnosis
- Ability to follow a script or defined plan
- Complete installations, maintenance & IMACS
- Preventative maintenance activities
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Documentation and paperwork to be completed accurately and in a timely manner
Proven working knowledge of data and wireless technologies (at least 2 of Cisco, Juniper, HPE, Aruba, Meraki, Aerohive)
Proven working knowledge and practical experience of working in a field support environment
- Willingness to work on systems in which they are untrained providing they have support
- Understand and practice the Daisy Values and be flexible to meet the changing requirements of Daisy
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver
- Fault Finding
- General Repairs
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job