The role of the Strategic Engineer is to provide support to Daisy’s customers in a range of technologies and disciplines, including both hardware and software. You will need to perform complex fault finding, installations and repairs as part of your duties and so experience in the IT industry as well as basic knowledge of these areas will be beneficial.
Location: Field-based in Devon
Hours: 40 hours per week - shifts between 7.00am and 11.00pm Mon-Sun
- To service or install a wide range of hardware and software products across a varied estate of public and commercial organisations
- Required to be part of an out of hours rota
- To be aware of and meet the KPI’s and objectives set for you by your line manager. This will include a combination of lone working and team work
- To be aware of and to comply with the documented quality system as it applies to your role (ISO Audits)
- Attend where possible all company / manager briefings
- Adhere to the Company Dress Code
- To be willing to undertake overtime to meet customer and company needs
- Industry knowledge
- Basic knowledge of software relating to installed hardware
- Good standard of written English and Maths, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic config ( IP address, Username, Password)
- PC literate/analytical
- Valid and current HP Servicing Desktop, Workstation & Notebook Service Qualification, or tier 1 manufacturer equivalent.
- Perform Invasive component repairs
- Copy, backup and reload software onto specific devices
- Complex fault finding / hardware diagnosis
- Ability to follow a script or defined plan
- Complete installations, maintenance & IMACS
- Preventative maintenance activities
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Documentation and paperwork to be completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Proven working knowledge and practical experience on Tier 1 desktop and notebook manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba)
- Proven working knowledge and practical experience on Tier 1 printer manufacturers (HP, Brother, Epson)
- Basic/medium working knowledge and practical experience on Tier 1 server manufacturers (HP, Dell, IBM)
- Proven working knowledge and practical experience on Retail EPOS equipment.
- Willingness to work on systems in which they are untrained providing they have support
- Understand and practice the Daisy Values and be flexible to meet the changing requirements of Daisy
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Fault Finding
- General Repairs
- Technical Support