Strategic Category Buyer
Strategic Category Buyer – Castings, Stampings and/or Fabrications, Wheels and Tyres etc.
Due to significant new projects, we are seeking a Strategic Category Buyer, to work within the purchasing department of a leading vehicle manufacturer.
Previous experience ofsourcing, purchasing or procurement within a manufacturing environment essential. Ideally Automotive Tier 1, OEM or Aerospace.
Ideally located – Midlands – Commutable from Wolverhampton, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Cannock, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Crewe, Chesterfield, Birmingham
Excellent Salary + Benefits Package
- Ideally educated to Degree level preferable a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
- Previous Purchasing / Procurement / Sourcing experience is required.
- Understanding of the strategicrole of the purchasingfunctionin a manufacturingenvironment and ability to work at this level.
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, dynamic candidates with a high amount of energy, aptitude and attitude will be preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require (sometimes at short notice).
Reporting directly to a Group Purchasing Manager the role is responsible for delivering the strategic direction as agreed and ensuring that the supply base is capable of meeting business expectations. You will procure a defined range of automotive components, in line with Purchasingdepartmentalproceduresand objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from suppliers.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis forms and identify cost saving opportunities. Quickly assimilate supplier and client processes in order to positively impact purchasing performance.
- Confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Building long term and beneficial relationships with suppliers but also, managing their performance
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Driving strategy on spend
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval (Supplier Performance Approval Process).
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company and become part of a highly successful and driven team.
Apply in Confidence
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2734GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job