A well established organisation is looking for a Strategic buyer to joing their purchasing team and revolutionise the way the organisation sources. The Strategic buyer needs to be an organised, friendly candidate who is looking to develop their career to the next level.
The Strategic Buyer is the central reference point for issues relating to the sourcing and management of production components and consumables. The strategic buyer is a key role within the Purchasing Team whose primary objective is to ensure appropriate supplier selection that meets the needs of company specific requirements and will provide excellent value for money in the goods and services they provide.
- Support development of and execute sourcing strategies to drive immediate and long term improvments in delivery, cost and quality, with engagement and support of key stakeholders.
- Supplier management ranks high on the list of responsibilities and priorities of this role. Suppliers must be managed to view our company as a key customer for whom nothing is too much trouble.
- Lead commercial negotiations to achieve the best overall value for the company, ensuring all commercial issues are resolved efficiently and effectively. To include agreements and favourable payment terms .
- In appropriate circumstances, work with Suppliers to hold buffer stocks of critical components and consumables and/or to have procedures in place to be reactive to increases or decreases in demand which do not impact upon costs to your company.
- In liaison with Head of Materials Management and SQE department, to facilitate new product implementation (NPI) by identifying appropriate suppliers and managing the processes to successful implementation.
- Cost saving targets will be set and cost savings identified and quantified.
- Maintain processes and procedures and drive through change where appropriate, to meet the demands of the business. Manage ECR change management.
- Liaising with Purchase Ledger to resolve any issues with invoices/ POs. Particularly to ensure timely and appropriate payment of valid supplier invoices.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- CIPS Qualified (or working towards MCIPS qualification)
- Significant buying experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment and ideally within the high-tech electronics industry
- Experience of MRP systems
- An understanding of terms and conditions of contract and to be able to negotiate favourable trading terms
- The understanding of EOQs and EBQs and other parameters affecting the efficiency of purchasing routine items.
- Skilled and proven negotiator
The Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'