Strategic Buyer | £40,000 | Based in Alfreton
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our recently expanded procurement team in Nottinghamshire. You will perform procurement activities, specialising in category management.
- Pro-actively monitor spend, commitment and savings; recommend, implement and monitor sources.
- Use the tender process to select the most compliant and cost effective sources for the business, ensuring quality and performance guarantees.
- Produce, maintain and monitor supply agreements which mitigate business risk and secure the best price, quality and performance.
- Manage a portfolio of categories, undertaking sourcing initiatives and cost saving programmes as appropriate.
- Manage Supplier Performance.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Offer support to the Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager and Head of Procurement as instructed; in order to ensure the department targets and objectives are met
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Buying role
- Preferably experienced in a manufacturing environment
- Educated to degree level or MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Dynamic and able to cope with pace and change
- You will be rewarded with a very competitive basic salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension and life assurance
- A blend of training, including e-learning and on the job training to help with your career development
- Shares - the option to join a share save scheme and share in the company success
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"