Chase and Holland are working with a leading manufacturing business based in the Leeds area to recruit for a Strategic Buyer to join their Supply Chain team. Our client is a reputable global manufacturing business that is growing year on year and is looking for a Strategic Buyer to fulfill this newly created role in an expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Buyer who is eager to grow with a great company.
The Strategic Buyer will work collaboratively with other departments to create a lean Procurement and Supply Chain function.
The key duties of the Strategic Buyer will include:
- Taking responsibility for the sourcing strategy of the department
- Reviewing current supplier agreements again agreed strategic objectives
- Working closely with the global supply chain team on strategic sourcing
- Monitoring and managing supplier's performance and agreeing KPI's
- Implementing processes to eliminate non-profit activities across the department
- Actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives across the division
- Working closely with the Head of Procurement to create and implement improvement plans across the division
- Working closely with R&D and Engineering to understand material requirements and trends
This is a great opportunity for a Procurement Professional with strong MRP/ERP and materials management experience that is self-motivated, determined and driven to achieve tangible improvements. You will have excellent communication skills and have good attention to detail. CIPS would be advantageous but not essential.
On offer is the opportunity to be an integral part of a very successful manufacturing business who have a track record of looking after their employees and offer genuine career development opportunities.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.