Strategic Buyer Upto £34k Full Time, Permanent Based in East Yorkshire
Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a major company in the East Yorkshire region on a permanent basis. As Strategic Buyer you will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers, focusing on purchasing to deliver best value for the organisation. You will be providing cost effective and value added purchasing services to the business and have strong analytical skills with the ability to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Purchasing goods & services in line with business demands.
- Process Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders in SAP.
- Launch and handle Requests for Information and Requests for Quotations.
- Negotiate & manage suppliers.
- Formulate Contracts.
- Develop contract strategy in conjunction with Requests
- Maintain & report purchasing actions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Purchasing / Buying experience
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication & listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent ICT skills with experience on MS Office packages & SAP
- CIPS or professionally qualified (desirable)
- Commercial background
- Knowledge of Legal requirements
- Knowledge of technical specifications
- Knowledge of legislation relating to purchasing
What you'll get in return
£26,000 - £34,000 per annum (DOE)
Full Company Benefits package
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent position
Free, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.