Strategic Business Development Manager
CEB, now Gartner is the leading global insight and advisory company. We partner with C-suite level executives to provide best practice research and advisory services which can be implemented across functional leaders’ business verticals. We partner with leading global firms to advise on and implement market leading best practice research and insight across a range of subject matter expertise. Our long standing double digit growth is unprecedented in the market and very much is demonstrative of our strategic vision of continuous growth.
The Business Development Manager role here drives sales growth across EMEA rather than developing business with already well established Gartner accounts. This position will provide you with a key and integral role to the continued growth and success of Gartner’s GBS business, whilst sharply honing a unique consultative style of selling. You will develop relationships with board level and C-suite level executives within large enterprise global businesses, negotiating contracts through to a successful close.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and generating commercially viable leads with C-suite level executives across large enterprise businesses and managing the sales conversation to from prospect to deal close.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities throughout the EMEA region with new-to-Gartner organisations.
- Convert viable prospects to active Gartner clients (members), leading the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team.
- Demonstrate commercial agility and acuity for effectively articulating the programs’ value proposition and diagnosing the prospective members’ business needs.
- Manage an average sales cycle of 3 months or less.
- Manage complex sales, of large deal sizes, across matrix and complex business environments.
- 5+ years of successful sales and new business development experience, including holding commercial negotiations within a blue-chip client base across the C-suite level.
- Proven ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals.
- Skills in handling multiple commercial processes, new business forecasting, and identifying challenges to a positive commercial outcome.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver compelling, persuasive propositions to an executive level audience.
- Ability to navigate commercial discussions across large organisations and matrix environments.
- Superior time management skills and attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of business concepts for large national and international corporations
- Strong ethic for fulfilling service requests and keen interest in forming relationships with executives
- Willingness to conduct EMEA-wide travel as required
- Undergraduate degree
- Business Development
- New Business Opportunities
- New Business Development