Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not for profit healthcare business and we are currently seeking a Strategic Business Development Manager (Insurer and strategic partners) Identify, develop and win new business opportunities across Nuffield Health's whole range of services, thereby contributing to profitable growth and Nuffield Health's strategy, plans and targets. Account Management of existing Medical Legal clients, which includes annual pricing renewal.
This role will focus on the delivery and expansion of current and new business within Radiology. To be able to work at a senior level both internally and externally.
This position is a nationwide role and is a 12-month Fixed term contract.
- Define and implement business plans, both strategic and tactical, to achieve the annual and longer term new business sales results across the range of services as set out in the budgets and business plans. Deliver against both service line targets and multiple service wins to increase service holdings per customer.
- Be skilled in networking, lead generation, and prospect management, selling consultatively and closing sales across the range of Nuffield Health's services. Support wider teams across Nuffield Health to develop business growth
- Proactively build pipeline of opportunity quality and quantity needed to ensure achievement of the sales plans over the short, medium and long term.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications to deliver business development and prospect generation activity including campaigns, thought leadership, events and PR.
- Proactively network within corporate clients and intermediary stakeholders, and leverage both internal and external relationships to access and win high value new business.
- Develop positive and productive working relationships across the wider business. Understand the strategic and operational priorities of other departments and teams to drive and influence their activities, ensuring teams work together collaboratively.
- Facilitate the sharing of ongoing customer and market feedback within the team, with the Account Management and Proposition teams and the wider business. Share reasons for business won / not won and actively influence activities and proposition developments to improve future win ratios. Help shape sales and tender and bid materials to maximise sales effectiveness.
- Maintain within the team an in depth knowledge of Nuffield Health's range of products and services and those of competitors. Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of trends within the Insurer and hospitals market, as well as continuing to develop skills and knowledge in diagnostics imaging.
- Provide monthly reporting, management information and key performance indicators including performance and projections, customer and market developments and trends, and key initiatives and projects to further improve performance.
- Extensive successful business development experience with proven ability to deliver against multiple commercial targets including high value business to business wins
- Well-developed consultative selling skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent networking, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience and understanding of the corporate business environment
- Network of Insurers and TPA's
- Understanding of the health and wellbeing market and the range of services offered
- Experience of working effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong network of corporates, insurers and partners including case management and medico legal.
Benefits: We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, private healthcare and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits. We want to help you live well and get the balance right in life, so we will give you 25 days' holiday in your first years here - and we will reward you with more annual leave for building your career with us.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you? Apply at nuffieldhealthcareers.com
- Business Development
- Strategic Business Development