Strategic Account Manager
- We are delighted to be working with an Ofsted Grade 2 market leading apprenticeship and training provider based in Sheffield, who work in partnership with some of the UK’s most recognisable household brands.
- They are seeking experienced individuals in levy account management, to report to a Board Level Directors, who will take responsibility for the relationship with and all aspects of apprenticeship delivery for a number of very large employers in the passenger transport sector.
Location: Home based with UK travel
Term: Full time
Salary: £60,000 plus industry leading commission structure and car allowance
We are currently looking for a Strategic Account manager to manage and be responsible for the apprenticeship provision with a number of key clients who have one of the larger apprenticeship levy bills in the country. Our client aspire to deliver a 'best-in-class’ apprenticeship programme and operate a truly employer-lead offer.
You will join a team who are supporting a transformational approach to apprenticeship reform and delivery, including strong quality, curriculum, operational, business development and sales and other teams aligned around the learner and employer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring that the employer’s (client’s) needs are met with respect to our service offering by acting as the single accountable person for a client.
- That the account is managed in line with budget targets and P&L forecasts (including strategic growth of a strategic account in line with organisational strategy)
- Ensuring we deliver against our proposals and contracts and standard service offering by managing our operational teams, including):
- Line managing our learning and development staff (and where the account is large enough, other operational roles such as a performance manager) to ensure the right teaching resource is available for the employer’s learners;
- Depending on the size of the account, line managing one or more Account Managers to support on executing the priorities;
- Working with (but not line managing) our supply chain members to the extent that provision is sub-contracted; o Working with (but not line managing) other internal teams such as commercials, systems, marketing, recruitment and sales delivery as appropriate.
- Ensure that the client is delighted with our overall service provision, and that this is reflected in key satisfaction measures;
- Ensure that our approach to quality is strictly adhered to, including that our policies and procedures are followed, key performance metrics for learners are achieved (in conjunction with our operations and supply chain teams) and our work would exceed the expectations of external quality benchmarks such as those of Ofsted.
Progress will be reported internally against defined KPI’s
The Strategic Account Manager will also be responsible for providing a forward-looking view of probable revenue from key accounts to enable robust forecasting and appropriate resource planning, liaising closely with the finance business partner and key executives.
The Strategic Account Managers will also (depending on client needs) be required to work with our Operations team to source learning and development staff resources where the commercial
- Be experienced at managing client relationships with multi-million pound contracts
- Enjoy making complex stakeholder environment simple
- Be committed to service excellence and quality of provision
- Be financially literate, and comfortable reading a profit & loss statement
- Understand the skills and apprenticeships arena (including the ins and outs of great apprenticeship delivery models)
- Have experience in line managing teams who will execute your vision
- Be comfortable managing internal stakeholders by influence and relationship
- Take a strategic view of life - identifying medium and long term opportunities and risks
- Be comfortable with a national client and that some travel may be required, including overnight stays
You might also:
- Have had direct delivery, quality or curriculum development experience
- Have a background in the transport or logistics sectors
- Be based near our main offices in either London or Sheffield
- Be qualified to a degree level, or have had sufficient experience in lieu of qualifications
If the details of this role match your skills and experience then please apply and one of our consultants will be in touch with you shortly.
- Account Management
- Strategic Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job