Acorn is currently recruiting for an experienced Stores Operative to be based at Llanwern for a temporary role which could possibly lead to further work.
- 40 hours per week
- £8.17 basic per hour
Purpose of the role
To receive, identify, locate, issue, stock take and deliver consumables, lubricants, engineering spares and other materials either manually or by means of mechanical material handling equipment or vehicles, as required. Action associated documentation and update computer systems.
- Help deliver the Annual Operating Plan in respect of Health and Safety, and provide information, as required, to ensure targets are in control.
- Provides a recording, monitoring and controlling function for the issue and receipt of all stores, spares and direct charges including lubrication and greases. These tasks are to be carried out in full compliance of current Q.A. procedures, Environmental, Safety and COSHH regulations. Ensure that services provided are technically sound and employ World Best practices in order to maintain a high standard.
- To effectively liaise with Port Talbot user departments at all levels and functional managers, when required. To receive, identify, unload, locate, issue and deliver consumables, engineering spares, lubricants and other materials. Process all associated paperwork in accordance to the processes and procedures identified.
- Receive, locate, pack, dispatch and arrange transport of "Repairable Spares" under warranty items and non-conformance goods to suppliers. Deal with day to day operations queries, both verbal and written, e.g. N.C.Rs., or refers to the Shift Manager, as appropriate.
- Carry out material racking audits as and when requested. Carry out all Q.A. approved Stock Checking procedures to ensure proper financial controls are maintained, as detailed in the Financial Controllers Manual. If material is damaged, raises damage report for submission to Stores Operations Controller/Stores and Spares Engineer.
- Aid the departmental Spares Engineers, as and when required.
- Drive and operate a variety of vehicles and mechanical handling equipment.
- Check condition of vehicles and mechanical handling equipment before use and highlight any defects noted.
- Deliver stores stock and direct charge material, as directed,Ensure Safe Working Practices are adhered to and highlight any recommendations, which will provide a safer working environment. Operate and monitor equipment associated with the storage and dispensing of lubricants, etc.
- Update computer databases including requisition processing, stock control updates and administration systems. Assist, where necessary, engineering personnel in the identification of stores/ spares.
- Ensure that a high level of housekeeping is maintained in all buildings and compounds. If nominated, act as unit trainer and carry out competency testing, as required. Operation of the Stores automated storage machines by use of the on board computer or via a PC linked by software interface.
- Ensure SAP systems are updated accordingly with time and attendance and training updates, Support where necessary the control and reduction of the GBV.
- Assist on request with the Obsolescence programme and help identify, relocate and record the obsolete material accordingly.
Knowledge and experience
- You must have a thorough understanding of Stores and Spares operations.
- Have the ability to organise, in order to provide agreed service levels to plant.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of the WM and IM processes within SAP and relevant Stores based PC systems.
- Educated to minimum GCSE standard (or equivalent).
- NVQ in store keeping would be an advantage.
- Communication skills and the ability to liaise in a professional manner with Engineers, personnel and external suppliers is essential.
- Must have a logical approach to resolving queries.
Full clean driving licence is preferable and undertake the relevant training for Forklifts, Cranes, Internal HGVs, Slinging, Lubrication handling and distribution.
Knowledge of internal working systems, such as health and safety requirements, CDM regulations, safe working practices, safety contacts, topic audits, quality Assurance documentation, British Standards and Statutory requirements.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job