For: Stores Assistant
Pay Rate: GBP9 p/h
Location: Bar Hill
Meyer Scott Ref: MSR/05532
Our client specialise in providing technical advanced computer access and control products for business users and have established a strong position in the market place winning many awards within the Technology Sector. You would be working in a large modern, self-contained unit with excellent facilities and lots of free parking.
They are now looking for a member of the Stores team to perform the following duties:
· To help maintain the companys procedures and systems pertaining to the storage and issuing of materials.
· To carry out perpetual inventory counting.
· To ensure special handling techniques are adhered to and procedures are carried out to company standards.
· To pick components for line production kitting and subcontract assembly.
· Check off, book in and put away raw materials stock through goods inwards
· To log data using the companys fully computerised stock control system.
· Providing a high level of customer service to internal departments in order to satisfy demands.
· To work in all areas of stores department and carry out tasks as required
· To ensure safe working practices when handling and moving loads in compliance with health and safety procedures.
· Responsible for receiving and processing customer (RMA) returns
· Ensure deliveries of a personal nature are collected/delivered to the appropriate receiver.
· To ensure purchase orders from external suppliers are received, processed and stored in in their correct locations taking into account safe storage and date order.
· To ensure all associated direct and indirect activities are logged accordingly in the labour capture system
· To ensure production kits are picked, processed and delivered on time and free from errors.
· Maintain Kanban replenishment systems as required
· Assist in other activities/departments as required.
· Control of stock through compliance to location, quantity and accuracy of numbers Minimum level of stock movements.
· Stock checks, PI, results are in line with Epicor stock figures
· Ad hoc activities as required · Examples include regular checks of the company van, daily waste cardboard removal and other general housekeeping/5S activities
· With all members of stores team, production, packing, quality, purchasing and planning departments
· To ensure an efficient and accurate flow of work to the production line
· To ensure accurate results for physical inventory counting
· Ability to identify stock discrepancies against computerised system
· To aim for Zero errors in all areas in stores functions undertaken
Our client is looking for the following attributes:
· A hard working professional that is dedicated to getting things done and is able to assist in developing and assisting in the stores.
· An enthusiastic person that is capable of communicating clearly and respectfully with colleagues at all levels within the business.
· Physically fit as manual handling is a routine part of the position
· Strong attention to detail
· Educated to GCSE level, numerate, computer literate and understanding of MRP based systems.
· Fork lift certified
· Experience of electrostatic handling procedures
· Previous Kanban experience
Ideal person would be someone who has worked in a previous stock related position either in administration, stock control, stores, logistics or retail back ground.
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job