Experienced Stores Person required by a very well established, highly reputable engineering business just outside of St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
As part of the Stores team you will be responsible for assisting with organising the arrival, storage, issue and reporting of material movements into the factory and in and out of stores.
You will also perform other duties associated with the stores function and material movements as delegated by your immediate manager.
There will also be a requirement to cover for your immediate manager during holidays or absences.
The main duties of the role include:
• Issue requested consumable materials from the stores, recording transactions on the stock recording system.
• Issue loaned tools from stores, recording such transactions on the stock recording system.
• Assist with the receipt of material deliveries ensuring the items and quantities match with the purchase order. Reporting any discrepancies or quality concerns to the Stores Supervisor or Material purchase buyer.
• Assist with the matching of advice notes and purchase orders and delivering the same to the purchasing department on a daily basis.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the factory Supervisors.
• Stocking the job baskets with the correct goods from a pick list issued from the MRP Administrator.
• Prepare, protect and pack consignments for deliveries to customers and/or suppliers, ensuring that the items despatched will be protected during transit.
• Provide assistance in completing the Stores Supervisor duties i.e. cleaning staff as the stores work load permits.
• Assist with maintaining all material handling equipment ensuring it's kept clean and tidy.
• Deliver and collect materials as required.
• Apply experience and share ideas on improving procedures both in material control and across the factory.
In order to be suitable for this role, you must:
• Be organised, methodical, tidy and precise.
• Have previous experience of stores and material handling is desired
• Have a FLT certificate (this is not essential, training can be arranged)
• Be competent in Math's and English is essential
• Be Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Be a team player who has a flexible approach and able to demonstrate good time management.
Normal day shift hours with an early finish on Friday's with overtime available when required.
Salary £11.00 to £12.00 per hour depending on experience.
If you are interested in applying for the role please click the link or call Will Granger in the office for more info.