Join our team in Lingfield as a Storeperson; you will be required to provide an effective service and maintain material control to optimum stock levels. You will ensure full compliance with the Company operating procedures and drive cost effective controls and waste reduction initiatives at all times.
Is this role for me?
We’re looking for a team player ideally with experience in the construction/related industry.
The following experience/skills are also essential for this role:
- IT literate
- Good level of numeracy/literacy
Appropriate NVQ Level 3; Warehousing and Storage or strong experience gained within a stock control environment would be beneficial but are not essential requirements.
Portakabin is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,700 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £300m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
- Hourly rate £12.26 p/h (including London Weighting)
- 24 days holiday
- Full time employees can buy up to 5 days holiday
- 1 day paid volunteering
- Discounted cycles and shopping vouchers
What are the key duties?
- Ensure secondary fittings and materials are utilised as a priority without compromising quality
- Regularly review, analyse and record costs in order to maximise profitability for materials purchased, including cross hires and third party hiring
- Ensure an accurate account of all stock to achieve service efficiencies with stock movement, in relation to projects and requests.
- Ensure that the stores area is maintained to an acceptable and organised standard.
- Ensure that are stock checks are carried out as per the schedule set by SAP
- Define the requirements of an order/service request to ensure materials are supplied within the required timescales, inclusive of planning and preparing from drawing specifications
- Be responsible for all plant, tools and equipment are fully compliant regarding PA testing and H & S
- Ensure that costs are constantly reviewed and drive initiatives to reduce waste on a continuous basis.
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.