First 2 Recruit is working on behalf of our client in Salisbury who require a Stores Operative to join their team on a permanent basis. Please note, to be considered for this position you must hold a current Reach Fork Lift Truck licence. The position will be working a 12 hour day shift which may include weekend working.
About the Role
The role is as a Stores Operative is to ensure that the stores are correctly stocked with the ingredients needed by the production teams. You will also be expected to ensure that your working area remains clean and tidy at all times and all processes, such as health and safety are followed. You will need good communication and team working skills, and be a hands on person.
Duties of the Stores Operative:.
- Full, correct and legible completion of all related paperwork including delivery notes, returns notes, stock takes and requisitions. This includes ensuring that all goods have the correct traceability codes attached and managed throughout the process.
- To manage on site stocks in terms of rotation, traceability and availability. The stores operative will be called upon to deliver at short notice when the need arises but should also ensure requisition orders are met fully and correctly.
- To liaise with suppliers in terms of time management and issues ensuring that the deliveries do not compromise the business through congestion, lack of availability or delivery times.
- To carry out stock takes as required, fully and correctly, liaising with the purchasing manager to ensure issues, discrepancies and changes are managed.
- Carry out the relevant safety checks for vehicles as per health and safety procedures, reporting any issues immediately to the management team.
- Ensure clear communication with all members of staff including Area Managers/ Section Leaders, suppliers and other shifts and members of staff.
- To highlight any issues with vehicles, fabric, machinery or equipment in terms of maintenance, hygiene or Health & Safety in a timely and clear manner.
- Help to promote and develop a culture of dignity and respect for all employees.
- To keep section hygiene and GMP standards at the highest level throughout the day, adopting a "Clean as you go" policy and ensuring end of shift clean downs are carried out correctly.
- To ensure that costs within the remit of the role are controlled and actions taken as necessary to help reduce where possible.
- To assist in other areas of the factory when downtime occurs or when capacity requires it
- To help reduce and eliminate all forms of waste throughout the factory
- To carry out any task deemed reasonable by the company.
Principal Challenges/Key Features:
Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to in a potentially hazardous environment.
Special Knowledge, Experience or Training:
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and be confident to speak to different departments across the company.
- A good level of written and spoken English.
- Highly organised and motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure in a fast moving environment
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Some computer literacy would be required and use of ERP systems would be desirable though not essential
- A counterbalance forklift license is required and ideally you will already have a reach fork lift truck license as well, although conversion training can be arranged.
- Must have a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work well with colleagues.
- The ability to use your own initiative and work on your own is essential.
Desirable : Exposure to a continuous process FMCG environment. Can demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes.
To apply for the position of Stores Operative send your CV
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.