We are delighted to announce that we have a new store opening in your area and are looking for a confident and reliable Store Manager with a professional and focused approach to store operations and people management.
The Store Manager will have excellent operational skills and a proven track record of driving measureable performance improvements using practical techniques.
The appointed Store Manager will be required to complete the Home Bargains Management Training Programme as part of their ongoing development. This is a 10 week programme which is completed in three parts:
- Four weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager and Store Management Team. This involves various exercises and study.
- Two weeks training at our National Training Centre, Liverpool. This is delivered Monday – Friday over two consecutive weeks and is an opportunity to visit our Head Office as well as Home Bargains training stores and National Training Centre.
- Four weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager. This will also include various exercises.
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
Accommodation is available onsite while attending the two week training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television.
Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.Package description
- £28,407 per annum plus up to £9,000 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% in store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example
- Achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Take ownership for recruiting, training and managing a team of up to 60 staff
- Responsible for performance and absence management
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of managing a team of 20 or more
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 530 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 - 5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'