Salary: Up to £36,000 per annum
Working as a Store Manager for this growing, people focused Food Retailer; you will lead a team of professional retailers and provide a high calibre of service to every customer. Representing this household brand, you will be friendly, positive and approachable, and will be able to confidently lead and inspire a team towards achieving the store KPI’s. With experience in Fashion, Department Store, Supermarket, or any other fast paced Retail Store environment, you will be an excellent leader and will be prepared to immerse yourself in this ever growing retail store environment.
- A confident and natural leader who is able to coach, develop, lead and motivate a team to deliver high performance
- A strong work ethic is a must, candidates must be willing to work in a demanding environment where you are rewarded for your hard work and you excel on the retail pace
- Previous experience working in an environment which is focused on pace and delivery is essential
- A current assistant manager or department manager who is looking to progress to a store manager level in the near future and beyond would be encouraged to apply
- You will have a can do attitude, be naturally confident, passionate about people and achieving in your role. Your determination and focus to achieve will shine through when you talk through your career
- You will be an experienced manager working in a service or retail environment that is focussed on service, delivery and people
- Punctual, reliable and willing to go the extra mile, you will thrive on hitting targets and love the buzz of running a large retail store
- You will be articulate, have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of retail achievements
- Accountable for all retail basics, you will love delivering retail excellence
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coaching, and developing a team of diverse individuals, from recruitment to induction and beyond
- When necessary follow the Company staff disciplinary procedures
- Ensure all staff are multi-skilled to complete a wide range of duties within the store
- Ensure all staff have knowledge of products and services within the whole store
- Assist the management team in managing the performance of self and others within agreed limits including setting performance standards and efficient use of the team around you
- Complete yearly appraisals for staff within agreed time limits
- Manage a business that is maintained and viewed as ' best in class', maximising sales at every opportunity and maintaining extremely high standards
- Understand customers, anticipating their needs, setting ' best in class' standards of service
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequate to meet customer expectations for the whole store
- Identify business levers and pro-actively assist the Area Manager to keep track of the competition so that the business can respond to change
- Manage stock availability and waste
- Driving customer service standards to achieve sales and exceed customer satisfaction targets
- Identifying the potential and managing staff development and supporting staff to achieve their potential
With over 10 million customers per week, our client is a rapidly growing blue chip retailer, known throughout households are the first point of call for many families. With fantastic marketing campaigns, and a presence both in print and on screen, they are in an excellent position to provide a fantastic career to any new employee.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Workington, Egremont, Cockermouth, Cleator Moor, Carlisle
KEY WORDS: Retail, Management, Manager, Team Management, Assistant Manager, Food Retail, Service, Store Manager, Department Manager
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us in the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"