T.M. Lewin are currently looking to recruit a new retail Store Manager in Kings Road, London.
We are truly proud of our history. As the original shirt makers in London, the first T.M. Lewin store opened in Jermyn Street in 1898. Mr T.M. Lewin himself developed the first buttoned down shirt, setting the tone for the shirt we know and love today. We now have close to 100 stores in the UK, with new stores opening in countries across the rest of the world, including Europe, Singapore and Australia. Fashions may have changed since 1898 but excellent craftsmanship, quality, service and value remain the driving force behind the T.M. Lewin brand and are some of the qualities we look for in our colleagues as well as our products.
As a Store Manager some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Managing the store effectively to ensure you meet/exceed all targets and KPI’s.
- Lead, inspire and motivate your team of colleagues, setting the tone for the business.
- Overall responsibility for recruitment and selection activity ensuring that company policy is followed and that sound and fair recruitment decisions are made.
- Actively promote and encourage diversity in your store.
- Be responsible for the induction and development of the team through providing on the job training and skills transfer and constantly updating and assessing customer service techniques ensuring a well-trained and highly motivated team.
- Reviewing team performance providing immediate feedback (both positive and developmental) in order to recognise and praise excellent performance and to develop areas of need.
- To identify and proactively manage any poor performance issues using appropriate company policy and procedure if necessary.
- To understand and communicate effectively T.M. Lewin company goals and store priorities.
- Looking at ways of developing opportunities to increase sales, harnessing ideas from the team and being aware of the local competition.
- Undertake local competitor analysis through store visits and other relevant means, building up a local picture of competition and activity and using this information to gain competitive advantage in store.
- Building good relations with the local community and any other relevant local/regional organisation in order to raise the profile of T.M. Lewin and build supportive networks.
The Perfect Fit
The ideal applicant will have previous retail management experience from a similar luxury retail environment. You should be passionate about people with a strong customer service ethos. Excellent communication skills are vital as you will be engaging with a wide variety of customers as well as key stakeholders within the Support Centre. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of ways in which you have previously motivated and lead teams to produce great sales results, have a good standard of numeracy and be sales focused.
A passion for fashion is vital, we know we have a fantastic offering and we’re looking for you to set the tone and inspire the team. Full training and leadership development courses are available to all employees. You should have a flexible approach, retail is a fast moving environment and we plan to utilise ALL of your skills from selling shirts to motivating colleagues, you may also be required to cover additional days/hours to ensure adequate cover across the region.
T.M. Lewin are passionate about our people and offer the opportunity to work in a fun, energetic and fast paced culture. We are high performing and provide high levels of challenge and support. In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with generous benefits for you and your family. Some of our benefits include: A generous holiday entitlement which grows with your length of service, a substantial discount for you AND your family and friends, your own choice of free work wear, a performance related bonus scheme, anniversary gift, LOVE2SHOP everyday benefit card offering discounts across 60 retailers, Cycle 2 Work scheme and childcare vouchers.