We are the Chesterford Group! Our passion is to serve great fish and chips to the country. Over the past year we have grown significantly therefore we have the position for a Store Manager to come in and work in our Hazlemere Store. Managers are responsible for operating the company’s store in accordance with the company’s brand standards. They are responsible at all times for the staff within their shop and are responsible for the profit and loss of the business by following strict control measures such as portion control, cash control, stock control, managing the wage bill, as well as understanding financial reports that will allow for the successful financial management of the store. To carry out the health, safety, welfare, hygiene and quality aspects of their duties in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Quality. To ensure that all products are produced according to the laid down procedures as detailed in the operation manual.
- To maintain staff levels as appropriate to the business level to ensure that customers are served promptly and as per the procedures detailed in the Operations manual.
- To manage our in house computer Hub system to control stock usage and monitor KPI’s.
- Monitor expenditure and retain efficient budget control in the key impact areas of Food cost, Staff cost, utilities, equipment maintenance, operating supplies. Review staff shifts to ensure an effective and economic match for our customer usage patterns.
- To follow and maintain our systems to train new staff and Assistant Managers in the performance of their roles within our company.
- To establish and maintain training records for all staff and management.
- To establish and maintain such systems as may be required by environmental health regulations.
- Be available to deal with any staff welfare issues and if necessary, handle grievance, disciplinary or capability issues.
- Conduct staff appraisals to promote the delivery of 'excellence’.
- Management are responsible for Banking cash on a daily basis at the Company’s chosen Bank. To also include responsibility for ordering and collecting coin change from the bank.
- You will be responsible for insuring company security procedures around cash handling, banking, collecting change and general cash security are followed at all times.
- To prepare and cook all menu items in line with demand and to a high standard using avariety of equipment and tools in a busy kitchen environment. An ability to understand andact upon Churchill’s methods of production and quality control is essential. To be familiar with the preparation and cooking methods of all menu items as described in the Operations manual and to comply with its requirements in all its aspects. Moving various stock items (some heavy) from main stock areas to kitchen storage will berequired on a very regular basis each shift and you will experience long periods of standing.
- To ensure an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the business by acting upon and maintaining a written cleaning schedule.
- Ensure Assistant Managers and Relief Fryers maintain adequate stocks of cleaning materials and cleaning equipment. Ensure COSHH regulations are up to date and that at all times Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- To hold regular management meetings to provide managers with the information required for them to perform their roles. Agenda to include sales targets spend targets, margin control, staff budgets and levels, marketing. To establish and maintain a system of performance reviews for Assistant Managers, Relief Fryers and Team Members.
- Always be available to deal with any concerns that customers may have and seek a solution to every issue that goes beyond what might ordinarily be expected.
- Promote a positive attitude towards work and always lead by example.
- Monitor and approve holiday applications and document sickness absence in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Seek original and innovative ways to promote our themes of 'continuous improvement’ and 'excellence’.
- Communicate with your Operations Management Team over any disciplinary incidents that may need to be dealt with in the store and follow employment law recommendations. You should always come across as a motivated, positive and inspirational leader who staff respect.
- Work closely with your Operations Manager to maximize the turnover and profitability of the business in an ethical and rewarding manner.
Skills and Attributes
- Personable and good communicator
- A good people manager and leader
- Good food handling skills and product knowledge
- Strong customer service appreciation
- Good financial awareness and knowledge of cash handling procedures
- Good time management skills, able to cope with the peaks and troughs of a daily work flow
- Able to work calmly at busy shop times which creates a pressurised environment
- Capable of carrying out a physically demanding job
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, over a seven day a week pattern
- Level 2: Food Safety & Hygiene
- Key Stage 1: Bespoke in-house training
- A good level of physical stamina and fitness, as the job involves a lot of standing, long working hours and being able to do a range of manual handling tasks on an hourly basis
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- First Aid Training
- Upskills online learning platform, modules 1 -5
- Stock Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job