Salary: Up to £37,300 per annum?
Working as a Store Manager for this growing, people focused retailer, you will lead a team of professional retailers and provide high calibre of service to every customer.
Representing this well-known brand, you will be friendly, positive and approachable, and will be able to confidently lead and inspire a team towards achieving the store KPI’s.
With experience in Fashion, Department Store, Supermarket, or any other customer service focussed environment, you will be an excellent leader and will be prepared to immerse yourself in this ever growing retail store environment.
- You will be passionate about working in a 1-1 sales and retail customer service environment
- Your desire to achieve excellence in customer service will be evident in the way the customer is central to your retail career and achievements
- As a driven, capable retail Manager you will understand how to lead your people to success, standards and service
- Ability to multitask and deal with a variety of demands at any one time, prioritising and understanding how to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, you will inspire and motivate through our natural leadership flair
- You will either be a Deputy Manager in a large format retailer or a retail Store Manager wanting to work in a service focused environment that is innovative, experiencing growth and has a superb friendly nature
- You will always ensure your results are achieved through your people
The Role – Key Responsibilities
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of colleagues that are passionate about the products they sell
- Inspiring the team to achieve operational excellence
- Ensure all staff are multi-skilled / tasked to complete a wide range of duties within the store
- Assist the retail management team in managing the performance of self and others within agreed limits including setting performance standards and efficient use of the team around you
- Complete yearly appraisals for staff and develop PDP’s
- Manage a business that is maintained and viewed as ‘best in class’, maximising sales at every opportunity and maintaining extremely high standards
- Understand the retail customers, anticipating their needs, and delivering exceptional retail service
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequate to meet customer experiences for the whole retail store
- Pro-actively assist the Area Manager to keep track of the competition so that the business can respond to change quickly
- Manage stock availability and stock movement
- Driving customer service standards to achieve sales and exceed customer satisfaction targets
- Identifying the potential and managing staff development and supporting staff to achieve their development goals
- Develop relationships with external groups and the local community to drive sales and achieve targets
- Commercially plan and manage your P&L, cost and sales forecast
Our client is a retailer which has developed a concept store for lifestyle and has big expansion plans. Already on a store opening programme joining this business will provide you with lots of opportunists to progress. The quality of their product and service is exceptional, their customers are their most important asset and they will do everything they can to make them happy, their passion is at the heart of everything they do! If you would like to join our client in their new adventure then apply now.
Commutable Locations: Bicester, Didcot, Abingdon, Buckingham
Key Words: Retail Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure, Store Manager, Retail Manager
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: