We currently have a fantastic opportunity to work for a very successful high-end retail company that sell leather goods and stationery.
The role of the Store Manager will be to maximise the sales and profitability of the shop by achieving planned sales through effective merchandising and minimising stock loss and costs. To positively promote the image of the company and to effectively manage and develop your staff.
Location: Oxford Street, London
Salary: £26k OTE (£22k base plus commission)
Must be available to work weekends
Selling and Sales
- Maintain and increase the sales figures of the store.
- Ensure Sales Budgets and Targets are communicated to staff and the progressive result of the store.
- Ensure staff acknowledge customers quickly and offer a friendly, courteous and efficient service.
- Ensure staff use and understand the "Add on Sale" technique.
- Ensure that all staff have a thorough knowledge of all the products.
- Train/coach staff in selling techniques.
- Ensure all Merchandise is on display, correctly ticketed and presented accordingly to company and supplier guidelines.
- Ensures all staff members maintain high levels of housekeeping.
- Involve staff and Train staff in merchandising principals.
- Ensure all stock room areas are well organised and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all stock work, stock counts and deliveries are actioned correctly.
- Maintain staff discipline and carry out coaching, assessment and disciplinary action as needed.
- Ensure all store and company rules and standards are adhered to at all times by staff.
- Train and monitor all new staff in products and procedures.
- Ensure staff appearance and hygiene are upheld.
- Motivate and lead the team.
- Effectively handle complaints and company enquiries.
- Responsible for handling of cash, petty cash and banking as well as the security of the store. Implement any changes to procedures quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure markdowns, price changes, discontinued lines are actioned accordingly.
- Liaise with head office and other stores as needed.
- Training staff in security awareness
- Ensure any security system is used efficiently
- Report any theft correctly
- Assess the store layout regularly to combat theft
Must have previous experience as a Store Manager.
- Store Manager