Store Manager - Non Food Retailer - Job Summary
An opportunity to join a growing business that values their staff and the influence that they have on their business. A business where you have the chance to manage each store as your own business. Our client has established itself as a leading multi product retailer. They offer their customers an extensive range of product and believe that service is the key to maintaining their already fantastic reputation.
Store Manager - Non Food Retailer - Role Responsibility
As the Store Manager, your role will be to operate an efficient and profitable store by achieving the highest possible level of service, sales, profitability and customer care. To perform effectively as part of the management team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Sales and Merchandise:
- Ensure every effort is made to not only achieve but to exceed sales targets.
- Take appropriate action to ensure that stock levels and the correct product mix are achieved.
- Ensure that products are displayed creatively and in accordance with Company merchandising guidelines and legal requirements
- Participate in sales and promotional activities as required by the business.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer care is achieved by the development of knowledge and service skills within the sales team.
- Resolve any customer complaints immediately as they arise.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate sales and performance statistics and provide these to Directors / Senior Managers when required
- Where applicable, to control budgetary expenditure within set limits
- Organise working rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels at all times
- Ensure that the staff's appearance and conduct meets the Company standard
- Ensure housekeeping meets or exceeds
- Company requirements on the sales floor and office including display, cleanliness, stock presentation (including pricing and ticketing) and promoting a professional and efficient image on all occasions.
Developing the Team:
- Carry out induction of all new store staff
- Develop and motivate the showroom team on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all sales staff are kept up to date with product knowledge, development and legal requirements
- Carry out constant and formal appraisals and recommend and implement appropriate action
Store Manager - Non Food Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for delivering the highest service and in store presentation standards
- Creating a positive and friendly customer experience
- Proven record of customer care
- Excellent communication skills
- Management experience
- A highly motivated, creative thinker with an appreciation and passion for the product
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.