Responsible for a diverse and mixed team - including Optical Assistants, Optometrists and Laboratory Production Technicians - your brief is to maximise sales and profit growth for your store through effective operational people management. In particular, we’ll look to you to build and develop your teams, inspiring them to create a natural and memorable brand experience which treats every customer as an individual.
There’s a clearly defined Vision Express way of working as well as Professional Standards (GOC) to comply with. There’s also a suite of tools, techniques and support to call on. But for all that, a big part of the business success will be down to your own talents and individual flair.
As with everything there’s always room for improvement. So on a daily basis you’ll analyse and interpret data from your P&L and KPIs to determine where the areas of opportunity lie and deliver action plans to maximise the business. You’ll lead by example and won’t be afraid to challenge your teams on a regular basis. Your team will need to see you out and about on the shop floor, interacting with them and the customers. Alongside this you’ll spend time ensuring you have the right people, in the right place at the right time by producing effective work rotas to meet the trading demands of your store.
So if you’re a Manager that likes the comfort of an office, a door and a 'do not disturb sign’ then Vision Express won’t be right for you. However, if you like the buzz of the shop floor, the interaction and being a visible figurehead, this will suit you down to the ground. You don’t need a background in optics, but you do need proven retail management experience to get the most out of your team.
So what do you need?
• You need to be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader with a passion for customer service and the ability to engage easily with others
• Have a desire to understand your customers needs and a natural curiosity for what’s happening in the world of retail and optics
• Be familiar with budgets, P&L and KPIs
• Commercial awareness and a drive to maximise sales and profit potential
• Have a passion for luxury brands and products
• Experience of HR management including people management and development
• Have excellent organisational skills and be familiar with the MS Office Word and Excel
• Proven success in a fast paced retail management role
If you’re looking to grow your retail management career then here’s the place to start.
- Store Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job