UK Sire Services Ltd is a uniquely structured and expanding business that specialises in the production, storage and distribution of Bovine Semen, for use in the artificial insemination of cattle. UKSS offers custom collection and semen storage services for private bull owners of all breeds and is the only fully EU Licensed Independent Bull Stud and Semen Store in Great Britain. The Company imports, exports, stores and distributes semen for a range of global business customers.
The Company is seeking to appoint a Store / Logistics Manager to run its main Semen Store in Bovey Tracey, Devon. The sucessful applicant will replace the exisiting Store Manager who is retiring this summer. The current manager will remain with the company on a part time basis from their retirement date to ensure and efficient hand over of the role.
The main duties of the role are as follows :
- Overall responsibility for day to day running of the EU and UK registered main Semen Store whilst continuing to offer high levels of customer service.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of semen receipt and delivery. Guaranteeing that the quality of the straws is maintained at all stages of the process.
- Responsible for ensuring all systems for ordering, despatch, invoicing are efficient and fit for purpose and that all tasks are compliant with Veterinary and external regulations.
- Responsible for managing a small team of specialist staff to ensure the smooth running of the Storage, distribution and administration of Bovine Semen Straws.
- Liaising with the Accounts Manager to ensure that the Store is adequately stocked.
- Responsible for overseeing production of reports for Directors, other company departments and customers as required, and communicating with the Managing Director and Veterinary team on a regular basis.
Previous Store/Logistic Management experience and knowledge of the agricultural industry would be an advantage. Applicants cannot have off-site contact with ruminants of any kind for Biosecurity reasons.
Salary will be discussed in line with the experience and aspirations of the successful candidate.
- Management Experience
- Organisational Skills