Who are we?
Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and London Graphics Centre.
From the innovative to the everyday, you’ll find everything you need for your home and garden, from cleaning solutions and kitchen essentials to the latest DIY gadgets and gardening must-haves.
The extensive selection of products range from some of the world’s most famous brands through to exciting start-ups. The common factor between them all is that their products share the Robert Dyas ethos for being innovative, practical and designed to last.
The 90+ stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.
What does an Assistant Manager at Robert Dyas do?
- Inspire, coach and lead the team to deliver excellent customer service, ensuring our customers come back time and time again
- Manage the shop floor and drive the team to consistently hit store and sales KPIs
- Ensure the shop floor appearance is kept to high standards and Visual Merchandising is up to date and in line with any guidance received from Head Office
- Maximise sales through the delivery of excellent selling and service
- Support the Store Manager to recruit, develop and motivate the team using effective management skills and behaviours
- Follow up and maintain all management controls that are in place, at all times, including: stock, security, admin, cost control, H&S and shrinkage
- Support the Store Manager to drive and deliver Balanced Score Card objectives
What are we looking for?
- A good track record in a service-driven retail business
- Experienced Supervisor, Team Leader or Assistant Manager
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding retail environment with an enthusiastic, flexible attitude
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Potential leader of the future
- Passionate about retail
- Customer service-focussed and results-driven
What do we offer you?
- Full-time contract of employment, 39 hours per week
- Good holiday entitlement
- Fun working environment with regular social events
- Generous discounts across the brands
- Career progression - we recognise our rising stars and offer training and development to reach their career goals
- Regular incentives with potential bonus
- Amazing colleagues
- Pension and life assurance
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Do keep your eye on our careers website for any suitable roles in the future and apply accordingly.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'