Storage and Recovery Engineer / Backup Engineer. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, are looking for Storage and Recovery Engineer/Backup Engineer.
Salary: £32k + £5k Car Allowance + Bonus + Good Benefits
You must have:
- Strong background and experience in Enterprise data management and recovery environments, including infrastructure and cloud based services.
- Strong background and experience in virtualization environments, preferably VMware.
- Strong background and experience in Microsoft Server operating systems, preferably Server 2016.
Any skills in Evault, VEEAM, Netapp, AWS, Azure, Dell Virtustream, Unix, IBM would be highly desirable.
Role includes the support and maintenance of multitenant environments such Data Management and DRaaS platforms, and the support of remote and on-site Business Continuity rehearsals. The role is based in Basingstoke, but will also require working on Client sites throughout the UK. And will form part of a 24/7 'On call’ rota.
Key activities include:
- Level-2 technical support. Working closely with the 2nd line Support team and Solutions Support to provide a larger skilled resource pool.
- Routine maintenance and management of customer specific and multitenant solutions.
- Asset and document management of customer specific and multitenant solutions.
- Responding to and assisting with recovery of Client data and infrastructure during Invocations
- Rehearsal of Client Business Continuity services, including processes, documentation, recommendations and reporting.
- Support the testing of new and returned equipment, including maintaining equipment asset management.
- Assist the Solutions team on bid support activities.
- Support the Head of R&D and the Solutions team on developing and implementing new services as well as enhancing existing services.
Please send your CV for more information and a full job spec!
- Disaster Recovery