Storage and Back-Up Engineer
Package: up to £35,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension
Bring your Data Centre expertise to us and in return we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) business unit designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK’s public and private sectors. In ADS we foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
The Storage and Back-Up Engineer will support in the end to end life cycle management of Server storage solutions, in accordance to the clients business requirements (hot, cold, performance, retention, technology, etc.). This will involves design and implementation of storage solutions in line with the client’s business requirements and maintenance and fault resolution of new and existing storage solutions. The role will also include providing support to the backup service team, in accordance to business requirements, on platforms monitored and managed. They will monitor and analyse performance of the storage infrastructure and all related components using the provided/native vendor toolset from an end-to-end perspective and be responsible for the decommissioning and erasing of all data from storage securely when required.
- Providing storage
- Operating storage
- Providing backup
- Providing archiving solution
- Experience working in datacentre environment
- Experience of providing Backup in virtualised environments using COTS products
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Experience applying ITIL methodology
- Technical skills in at least some of:
NetApp Filers, both 7 and Cluster mode
NetApp Unified Manager & SnapCenter
HP 3Par Storage Arrays
Cisco MDS SAN Switches. With FC, iSCSI, FCoE protocols
Backup Applications including; Netbackup, HP Data-Protector, and Veeam
EMC Data-Domain, HP and Quantum Scalar Tape libraries
- Experience using multiple COTS backup products
- Experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Experience managing virtualised environments
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN Technologies
- Willing to work out of hours and attend remote sites
- Provision and sizing of VDI
SC Clearance is required for this role, all applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'