Do you have a broking / corporate actions background? Have you had exposure to Equity/Fixed Income/ETF/Investment Trust asset classes? This client is genuinely a 1st class career option, a company respected across the industry for developing their staff. A fantastic complex to work on, a company keen to take on people with drive and ambition, backing that up with excellent support/training.
The Company: This is aleading Financial Services employer that has enjoyed consistent growth within several areas of the business, their Client Services area being at the forefront of that expansion that now sees around 1600 people within their head office.
The Role: The Brokerage Specialist Team are a customer facing team responsible for providing execution only stockbroking support to customers, advisers and various internal teams. They are responsible for a broad range of operational processes and a key part of the role will be liaison with the newly created Trade Operations teams.
The purpose of the role is to provide the best possible phone service to customers; you will also deal with emails and letters/referrals from several internal departments. You will gain and retain a high level of technical, product and procedural competence which can be applied in a practical manner in the calls that you take, and the solutions you find for customers. You will be required to support phone placed orders, deal with calls relating to order placement, deal corrections, corporate action events, as well as account management. Key responsibilities include:
- Handling Customer and Client inbound and outbound interactions
- Supporting customers with trading queries but not giving advice or opinion
- Placement of phone orders including large deals
- Support brokerage specialist team processes ensuring adherence to company policies/standards in addition to FCA regulations. The focus will be escalations and exception handling relating to trading and settlements
- Working on error investigations
- Maintain awareness of stock market conditions
- Maintain a full understanding of the brokerage proposition and product range
- Work with the support team to communicate certain corporate actions events
- Achieving consistently high average call quality scores (gold standard). Most communications come in via email/secure messages, only 10-15 calls per team amongst the team.
Skills / Experience Required: Experience within a broking or corporate actions environment is essential and you should have either the IAQ / IMC or be willing to work towards them. As mentioned, you should have knowledge of the following asset classes - Equity/Fixed Income/ETF/Investment Trusts, be MS Office literate, possess first class communication skills and with some customer service exposure.
Additional Information: This role comes with a salary up to £26,000 and bonus would run to around £2,500 with the pension contributions from our client being up to £3,250. There are also a host of other benefits including a professional study package and free car parking. The team operates 8am - 6pm but most of the team work the early shift of 8am - 4.30pm and one Saturday per month.
The Stockbroking Support Associate position is only one of many vacancies we are handling. ARC is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment and the Consultant handling this role has over 20 years experience in this field. Areas of expertise include pensions, sales support, employee benefits/group risk, compliance, flexible benefits, paraplanners, underwriting, customer services and IT related roles. We predominately focus on London and the Home Counties, although we have also been successful in offering national solutions and overseas. Check the website and feel free to call Darren Snell at any time.
- Fixed Income
- Corporate Actions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job