Stock / Procurement Accountant
Do you have previous experience within a finance function, preferably within an operational or stock controlling role? If so and you are ACCA/CIMA newly / part qualified accountant we want to hear from you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock / Procurement Accountant to join our team in Irthlingborough. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We’re proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
As our Stock / Procurement Accountant you will act as a Business Partner to the Procurement Director. You will analyse stock and purchasing to measure purchase price variance and deliver accurately valued stock. The roles will require you to provide financial stewardship, analysis and decision support to the Procurement Team.
Why work for us?
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. In addition, you’ll also have access to;
- Childcare vouchers
- A workplace pension
- Life assurance and on-site occupational health
Responsibilities of ourStock / Procurement Accountant:
- Work with Procurement team to improve business processes and ensure financial targets are met
- Be a key member of the Commercial Finance Team and operate alongside senior Procurement team members.
- Assist in the annual Budget and periodic Forecast production (including Raw Material and Packaging standards setting, overheads, creditors, stock levels).
- Support the Procurement team with weekly and monthly performance reports, including raw material cover, customer demand, actual/planned purchases and price variance
- Provide forecast of purchase price variances vs. standard prices, track actual and forecast variances weekly and provide meaningful analysis to explain any variations
- Forecast and monitor stock intakes through tracking supplier agreements
- Produce monthly Board Report schedules and other financial information as required for the business; to include raw material cover, price variance & overhead cost reporting
- Calculate and forecast currency requirements based on stock intake levels
- Use the company’s IFS system to extract data and investigate all price variances and any anomalies arising. Use the Qlik Sense reporting tool to create reports showing the levels of raw material cover vs sales demand
- Ensure a clean balance sheet with no surprises through a regular monthly review process
- Seek to improve and drive forward all internal processes as applicable to the role
Our ideal Stock / Procurement Accountant will have the below skills and experience:
- ACCA/CIMA newly / part qualified accountant
- Previous experience within a finance function, preferably within an operational or stock controlling role
- Customer focused with strong service ethic
- Ability to develop relationships across the business
- Excellent administrative / organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload effectively to strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and have a proactive approach to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced PC skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team showing willingness to promote team ethos and support others to achieve their goals
- Educated to degree level
- Evidence of strong reporting and financial control within a complex fast moving environment
Whitworths is growing every day, so we are always looking for talented individuals (at every level) who can deliver STAR potential. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworth’s family as our Stock / Procurement Accountant then click ‘apply’ now! We look forward to receiving your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'