£20,000-£22,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity to join this rapidly growing company on outskirts of Pontefract. My client is seeking an individual who has gained some strong administrative skills and is able to work as part of team. Reporting to the Supply Chain leader you will support them in the day to day operation of the supply chain;
- Monitor and expedite incoming stock from the point of ordering through to arrival and storage in the warehouse
- Keep systems updated with accurate purchase order dispatch and shipping information
- Maintain and coordinate stockholding
- Support and cover the other Supply Chain roles as necessary when workload/holidays dictate.
Daily duties & responsibilities
- Develop relationships with suppliers and service providers to anticipate potential delays, expedite orders, and ensure that product ships on schedule.
- Work closely with service providers and 3PL providers to ensure purchase orders are processed, checked and recorded promptly on arrival.
- Liaise with QC colleagues to ensure QC testing can take place as required.
- Perform regular stocktakes of warehouses and reconcile against company systems.
- Identify, investigate and rectify stock discrepancies.
- Cross reference and update IT systems with the latest inbound logistics information.
- Highlight changes to shipping schedules to colleagues and assist in identifying resulting issues
- Collate shipping documentation and make it available to colleagues when needed.
- Identify areas for improvement in the inbound supply chain.
- Deliver the customer charter principles and values.
- Other office administration as required.
Skills and Experience
- Enthusiastic about customer service with a desire to please and go the extra mile.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive and capable of working individually as well as part of a wider team.
- Organised, logical and methodical
- Ability to multi-task and cope with regularly changing priorities
- Experience of supply chains, international shipping and/or logistics - desirable but not essential
- Experience with business administration, ERP or warehouse management systems - desirable but not essential
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
- Business Administration
- International Shipping
- Office Administration
- Purchase Orders
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'