We are currently recruiting for a Stock Controller for our Paignton based client. A key requirement for this position is familiarisation with stock control systems, and excellent Excel ability. They currently use Orderwise, however similar stock control system experience would also transfer well i.e. - SAP or SAGE. The key focus of this role is to keep stock levels under control, utilising the system to improve purchasing. This is an office-based role; however, the warehouse is on site, so you have a clear line of communication, and will be working closely with the Quality Manager and Purchasing Team. You will also be interacting with suppliers, and will be tasked with arranging supplier agreements, and make decisions as to when to call off stock or pay for storage. You will conduct internal audits, as well as prepare for external audits. ISO9001 & Environmental System 14001 knowledge would be very helpful, as well as a technical sector background (mechanical, electrical or engineering). You will need the ability to extract key data from spreadsheets. You will need a clear understanding of how the shop floor operates, so previous warehouse, logistics or stores related experience would stand you in good stead too. You will need excellent communication ability, and commercial awareness, as you will be required to influence and drive the team, and capable of contract management and negotiation with suppliers.
Duties associated with the role include;
- Stock Management & Control.
- Stock counts (twice yearly).
- Internal Audits.
- Preparation for external Audits.
- Extraction & Interpretation of data.
- Data Analysis & making key decisions.
- Looking for trends in large orders.
- Working closely with purchasing in relation to setting up SLA’s
- Putting products regularly purchased together into kits.
- Breaking down of kits, ensuring all parts are added back onto the system.
- Creation of pick lists and allocation of stock.
- Updating process manuals.
- Reviewing current practices to identify opportunities for cost saving & improvements to efficiencies.
- Liaison with suppliers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving local business. If you have the skills and experience required apply today!
- Data Analysis
- Stock Control
- Technical Background
- Allocation of Stock
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"