£30,000 to £35,000 + benefits
Our client is a Japanese corporate who specialise in the manufacture and sales of electrical connectors across multiple industries. Employing over 5,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover of over £894billion, their diverse products include electronic devices from connectors to aerospace electronic equipment, optics-related products, and various other types of machinery and equipment.
They are now looking for a Stock Controller to strengthen their Supply Chain team in Hampshire. The Stock Controller will create accurate demand plans ensuring optimum stock levels are maintained within the parameters of the business KPI's, whilst taking costs out of the supply chain providing the best in class service to their valued customers.
About the role
- Utilising the internal forecasting tool to monitor, analyse and generate accurate mid and long-term forecasts to enable sufficient stock levels to meet the customers demand, whilst maximising ocean freight and enabling better capacity planning within our plants.
- To actively support the Customer Service Team by questioning/managing the customer changing demand with liaison between Customers, Supply Chain Team, Account managers and 3rd party Warehouses
- Understand customer business and retrieve any information as required by communication with the customer; Face to face meetings when appropriate may also be required to ensure good customer relationships
- Provide support to Account Managers and Supply Chain team members during absences
- Automotive, Engineering, Electrical Component or similar background
- Successful and demonstrable experience in demand planning
- Understanding of the demand planning trends, new project implementation in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive working knowledge / experience of SAP
- Understanding and exposure to supply chain processes and strategy
- Excellent communication skills; written & oral
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an experienced Stock Controller, have had exposure to a high SKU count, preferably in an electronics environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Demand Planner role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17
- Stock controller