Job Title: Stock Controller
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Stock Controllers! In this miserable weather, let me heat up your job prospects with a hot new job that offers diversity, a fresh challenge and stable Monday - Friday working hours.
I am looking for experienced Stock Controllers/Managers with exceptional organisation skills and a logical mind to join my client, a facilities organisation on a permanent, full time basis. Along with a fantastic basic salary, this role offers you the opportunity to develop your skills in a hands-on role and take complete ownership on inbound/outbound stock within the company.
As my golden candidate you will have recent experience in a similar position, preferably within the construction sector and be strategically-minded in order to monitor stock.
- To ensure incoming product is received and managed appropriately and in accordance with Company procedure; maintaining appropriate control systems, to include asset control logs to account for all stock received and dealing with any discrepancies in the order provision to include reconciliation of delivery notes.
- To monitor compliance by suppliers with agreed service standards and ensure that all goods have been inspected at delivery stage for quality, quantity, dimensions and specification.
- To ensure that all goods / materials are ready for allocation to Engineers / Operatives in a timely manner.
- To manage a central store of stock items and provide reporting and key information in order to facilitate the efficient running of the stock operation to include tracking and reporting daily wastage.
- To liaise with Suppliers / Central Pricing & Ordering to help ensure timely delivery of goods and resolve any disparities in ordering process.
- To liaise with other locations / Procurement to inform them of the stock inventory and to release stock in line with agreed control process ensuring the accurate recording of all stock transfers.
- To minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials in accordance with Company to maximize availability of working capital.
- Responsible for the setting up and operation of the glass cutting machine where applicable in accordance with appropriate specifications and Health and Safety best practices.
- To manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks on a daily / weekly / monthly basis and as required`.
- To manage the return of faulty goods to the dedicated repair centre.
- To carry out minor repairs to goods, including painting duties.
- Testing of equipment to ensure effective when installed.
- Control of local waste and operatives tipping documentation.
- Experience as Stock Controller / Store Person in a similar role.
- Experience and /or knowledge of stock management.
- Experience in either or both Steel and Alarm / Window, Door and Glazing sector.
- Able to work effectively with computerised systems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This position requires the handling / moving large quantities of stock and lifting up to 10KG without assistance.
- Strong organisational ability.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Fork Lift License, desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to start 2018 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don`t want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.