Our client are the biggest distributor of products throughout the UK. They have national rollout projects for super market chains such as Sainsbuy’s, Tesco, Waitrose, Asda, Aldi and WHS Smith.
Based in large modern offices, they have a close knit, friendly team and they have been there for a number of years because they simply love the job and the company. They’re primarily looking for someone that has the drive and the knowledge to want to be part of the team and drive the team to success, hit the KPI’s and ultimately be part of multinational business.
We are looking for a Stock Controller with 1 – 3 years stock/inventory experience to successfully work alongside sales divisions, suppliers, purchasing, warehouse and the pricing teams. We are specifically looking for a candidate with a good working knowledge of stock/inventory control and for that person to efficiently and effectively communicate with suppliers and internal departments to drive the business forward.
Duties and responsibilities
• The role is going to be consisting of forecasting, checking products, chasing suppliers, daily management of inventory and sending PO’s.
• Daily review of recommended orders to ensure they will not result in under/overstocks.
• Performing weekly review of demand cleaning and identifying corrections.
• Maintenance of product lead time to ensure delivery expectations are met.
• 1st point of contact with suppliers and able to communicate effectively.
• Be able to demonstrate your worth and value to the business.
There is around 3,500 lines currently and you will have to work closely with the sales team to ensure best practice stock control. This will consist of the following:
1. What projects have they got on?
2. What projects are coming up?
3. Regular discussions to keep both teams up to date with what’s going on in the calendar months.
4. What’s the market doing?
Benefits and perks of the job
Profit share which is based on overall performance of the business. (They are predicted to make an impressive profit again this year)
• 22 days holiday
• Pension contribution after 3 – 6 months in
• Health and dental care
• On site parking
• Public transport is very close – with shuttle busses and the train station very close.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"