TJ Hughes is currently recruiting for a Stock Control Manager to join our Distribution Centre team based in Speke, Liverpool.
Working hours 38.75 per week over any 5 days out of Sunday to Saturday.
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our Headquarters and Distribution Centre based in Liverpool.
We operate 22 stores nationwide from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North. Larger stores include a Café.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the DC team.
We have a culture in our business which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the stock control system, record and manage stock allocations for stores, maintain traceability at all stages, resolve issues and discrepancies of stock and run stock and transfer reports.
- Accurate Management of Stock Control System ensuring stock loss is kept within budget.
- To safeguard all PI checks are followed and are managed and to establish root causes for stock loss.
- Develop a strategic plan for the development of the department. Plan, implement and execute seasonal peak plans that support branch to deliver great service.
- To identify development and training needs for all team members providing support and resource to ensure maximise potential.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Be proactive in regards to stock changes throughout peak periods.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to cross-functional staff.
- Maintain relationships with stores and internal departments.
- To maintain day to day running of the stock control system, including verifying supply orders and stock movements.
- Record and manage stock allocation to stores.
- Resolve issues and discrepancies of stock.
- Run daily stock and transfer reports.
- Maintain processes and procedures to help ensure delivery of best practice.
- To ensure all codes of conduct and best business practices are carried out within the stock control department.
Previous experience in stock / inventory management role is essential
Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly, to be flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent communication skills
The ability to multi task and work under pressure
Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Numerical skills
- stock experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job