Stock Accounting Manager
12 month maternity contract with this FTSE listed business based in Milton Keynes.
This will be a varied and challenging role. Working within the Financial Accounting Team and managing and mentoring a small team you will need to:-
- Deliver process excellence and expertise, period-end technical accounting for stock processes
- Drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve Stock Accounting processes and outputs
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Controller your role will be varied and challenging and will incorporate:-
- Deliver appropriate financial control and technical knowledge to ensure the business adhere to Financial regulations, relevant accounting standards and are in line with Group accounting policies
- To act as a subject matter expert in the stock accounting area and lead team of direct reports
- Ensure all Stock Balance Sheets are reconciled on a periodic basis and all variances are investigated and explained
- Ensure accurate and quality data is available for weekly trading stock reporting and business protection reporting/investigations
- Consistently and regularly review and improve controls around stock accounting
- Provide support to Gross Margin Accounting Manager on stock revaluation processes
- Work with Store / Warehouse operations on improving operational stock flow processes and educating Operational colleagues on their impact on stock accounting processes
- Work closely with IS to mitigate / fix any systems defects / issues impacting financial stock accounting and reporting of Argos stock
- Proactively engage with Sales / Commercial payments teams in Gross Margin to identify any Polling Failure impacts on stock accounting / reporting
- Work with Business Protection team to highlight any stock issues potentially leading to loss of physical stock / fraud etc.
- Deliver budgets and forecasts for Undelivered Sales and Stock to enable management to make decisions based upon the most up to date and accurate views of current and future performance
- Liaise with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Areas of responsibility include: Mainline Stock accounting, 2-man Stock accounting, Undelivered Sales and Reinstated orders
To be successful in this role you need to:-
- Have a Professional Accounting Qualification, (ideally 2yrs PQE)
- Have a technical financial accountant background ideally gained within a practice/audit business
- Have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills with ability to quickly learn complex systems infrastructures
- Confident user of data mining techniques in Excel (desired)
If you are able to commit to a long term contract where you will be employed directly on the Company's payroll and enjoy the company benefits in addition to a competitive salary. Start date is not immediate it will be during the month of May to enable a handover with the current incumbent. Possible permanent opportunities may arise within the business after the initial maternity cover.
Send your cv to
- Financial Reporting
- Stock Accounting
- managing financial controls
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"