BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Decontamination Unit in Glasgow has a vacancy for a Sterile Services Technician to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of all SSD machinery and equipment
- Knowledge of basic instruments and equipment
- Knowledge of sterile packing techniques
- Knowledge of safety guidelines in sterile services
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a first class decontamination sterile service to the Operating Theatres, clinical departments and relevant paramedical departments
- To assist in the provision of decontamination, checking, assembly, packing, sterilisation and delivery of medical and surgical equipment and sundry items to/for the customer.
- To maintain good working relationships with all customers
- To promote and maintain Health & Safety within the department
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.