Statutory & Technical Reporting Accountant - Insurance - £40-50k
You will be responsible for the preparation of statutory and other internal and external reporting requirements for the legal entities within the international group.
Responsibilities: (not limited to:)
- Prepare the annual statutory and quarterly management accounts for the UK insurance entities including smaller companies and supporting analytical review and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly CFO report for the combined International platforms and individual legal entity results for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings. This includes preparing commentary and analytical review of legal entity balance sheets and income statements.
- Review of US and UK GAAP quarterly adjustments prepared by Fin Ops team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support the preparation of the EEA group consolidated management accounts for SII reporting purposes
- Research and analyse technical updates (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, Local Branch GAAP) that could impact groups UK legal entities.
Due to the nature of this role requirements it will preferably suit:
- Newly or Nearly Qualified Accountant
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong practical accounting skills
- Someone with a good understanding of the London Insurance Market from both a Lloyd’s and Company Market perspective
- Insurance Accounting Experience (although not essential)
This is a great opportunity to move into this international Insurance business with a track record of career progression