Grafton Banks is pleased to be working with a reputable and established organisation based in Croydon, Surrey. My client is a industry leading business who are currently seeking an experineced financial accountant to join their growing finance department. As a key member of the team you will work directly with the Senior Financial Accountant towards the production of statutory accounts. The ideal candidate will have gained previous experinece assisting towards this process and will be familiar with FRS102. You may be a part qualified professional studying towards one of the recognised accountancy qualifications (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or fully qualified.
- The production of statutory accounts and consolidated statutory accounts under the following regimes.
- Trading entities (under FRS102),
- Holding co entities (under FRS102)
- Property entities (under IFRS)
- Dormant entities (under FRS102).
- Approx 40 sets of accounts pa
- To liaise with the auditors on production of schedules backing up the figures in the statutory accounts.
- To assist and support the senior statutory accountant, senior financial accountant and finance director on areas requiring assessments of impairment.
- To liaise with the group’s tax advisors on tax calculations and schedules to support HMRC submissions and statutory accounts and support the finance director on management of the tax affairs of the group.
- To help prepare the tax submissions for smaller entities
- To support the senior statutory accountant and senior financial accountant on reconciliation of hive up entries on acquisitions.
- Experience of FRS102 and IFRS a distinct requirement
- Experience of corporation tax and deferred tax calculations a distinct requirement
- Experience of acquisition accounting a distinct requirement
- Highly computer literate with excellent to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SUN accounting systems
- Experience with Caseware a distinct advantage
- Experience with AlphaTax a distinct advantage
- A high degree of interpersonal skills and sense of humour is required to meet objectives.
- A proven team player