Our client is a specialist research software distributor, training and consultancy provider. An exciting opportunity for a Statistician has arisen to join their growing team.
- Essential to be familiar in the use of Stata, EViews or OxMetrics software packages.
- Desirable but not essential to have programming ability in econometric software packages such as Stata, EViews & OxMetrics
- Ability to handle & organise data sets
- Ability to write proposals, reports, academic papers
- Provide training onsite and public attendance in Stata, EViews, OxMetrics and other packages that the company distribute
- Provide teaching support to our academic associates at their public attendance & summer school courses
- Provide technical support onsite and via WebEx on the software's that we distribute
- Support the technical aspect of the business for all the company’s international offices
- Technical copy writing and content for the website and marketing materials
- Identify new training, consultancy & associates and opportunities for the company
- Demonstrations of the software packages that company distribute on site with clients and also via WebEx
- Directly contribute towards fulfilment of bespoke consulting projects, demonstrating specialist industry knowledge and utilising defined research/analytical practices.
- Provide specialist market knowledge to clients and the wider research team; acting as trusted advisor, sharing knowledge and best practice across the company.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Postgraduate degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or Mathematics
- The applicant would benefit from PhD in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or Mathematics, however not essential.
- Proven experience and understanding of the commercial research market and research/consulting methodologies (primary/secondary research and strategic consulting best practices/process) would be an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to identify sources of funding and pursue the process of securing funds
- Willingness to extend skills, especially in statistical and econometric methods
- Experience in delivering training in statistics, econometrics and forecasting (and relevant software packages)
- Knowledge of Econometric, Statistical & Forecasting software's and in particular Stata, EViews & OxMetrics
- Experience of analysing key market information/data, and summarising/presenting key findings.
- Ability to forge/maintain key client relationships and effectively manage strategic business partnerships.
- Able to conduct detailed business needs analysis and deliver the relevant research/consulting solution.
- An analytical thought process with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of business acumen with the ability to identify opportunities/ gather/ analyse/ interpret business/ market data and articulate/ present key findings at a senior level.
- The ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively in a team environment