HEO / SEO
A UK government department is looking to recruit a statistician or operational researcher to join its Cross-Cutting Analysis Team, to help them deliver its strategic objectives and priorities, including the context of the UK's decision to leave the EU.
Your new role
As a government analyst, you are expected to provide high-quality evidence and advice to senior decision makers and ministers to ensure the best possible public policies and services meet the needs of citizens and business and deliver value for money. As an analyst you will:
- identify, analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative evidence to ensure the planning and delivery of cross-cutting projects (including EU Exit related issues) are evidenced effectively;
- deliver insightful analysis and tools for customers on projects that include, but are not limited to, resource prioritisation, scenario analysis, cumulative impacts, distribution impacts and supporting the wider Strategy Directorate;
- build and leverage relationships to identify and fill gaps in the teams capability, evidence or policy;
- champion analysis to drive innovation and improve outcomes for the Strategy Directorate and the wider teams as well as contributing to the delivery of Defra's strategic objectives;
- articulate effective policy recommendations and demonstrate how these contribute to the delivery of the group's strategic objectives;
- work closely with other analytical team members within the Strategy Directorate in building capability in analysis, evidence and dissemination both across the Directorate
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants are expected to have demonstrated experience of carrying out complex analytical / research work as well as being able to demonstrate the ability to manage pieces of research or analytical work. Applicants are expected to hold a 1st class honors in a social science/ research or related discipline. A postgraduate qualification in such subjects will strengthen your application.
What you'll get in return
This is a 3 month temporary contract with opportunity for extension. Rates dependant on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.