About The Role
Founded in 1910 Scudamore's Punting Company are Cambridge's premier punt tour and boat hire business. As we prepare for our busiest time of year, we are looking for five outstanding people to join our Management Team in the day to day running of our busy and vibrant Punt stations.
As a Station Supervisor at Scudamore’s your duties will be varied, ranging from overseeing the daily station operations, to being on hand to resolve any staff or customer issues which may arise. Ultimately however, it is about 6 key areas:-
- Ensuring that your team consistently perform to the highest standards, creating a first-class customer experience.
- Co-ordinating the effective and courteous running of our tours and self-hire operations.
- Providing coaching and support to a highly dynamic and competitive sales team.
- Bringing the best out of your staff through adaptable performance management.
- Acting as Duty Manager when Station Manager or Assistant Manager are not present.
- Fostering a safe working environment on station and on the river.
What makes you part of the Scudamore’s management team?
- You have the self-discipline to consistently role model the required standards of behaviour.
- You care about our customers and will do your best to ensure they enjoy the best possible experience.
- You are an effective communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- You enjoy the challenge of driving sales in a competitive sales environment.
- You are organised, with an ability to prioritise tasks.
- You are physically active and enjoy working outdoors.
What would also help?
- Previous experience of supervising or coaching others.
- Prior experience of working in a customer-facing role.
Prior experience of performance management.
- Prior experience of making sales or managing others who make sales.
- An ability to delegate.
- Flexibility with respect to work hours and an availability to work most weekends.
What's on offer?
- We offer a highly competitive rate of pay.
- 28 days paid holiday per annum (or pro rata equivalent for part-time workers).
- Based across our 2 central Cambridge locations.
- Fixed term contract of up to 8 months, starting Mid-March to Early April and finishing at the end of October 2022.
- Discounts with local retailers and places to eat.
Special demands of the role
- This role is physically demanding and often requires you to remain on your feet throughout the working day, which requires an appropriate level of fitness.
- The Company is scheduled to open 364 days per year and our staffing needs are usually greatest at weekends and on bank holidays. This role therefore requires flexibility with regards to work hours and an availability to work most weekends and bank holidays.
- The nature of our business requires our staff to be comfortable working on and around water and be able to swim.
Apply on our website now via the link below.
Closing date for applications
Please submit your application by 10am on Friday 14th January.
- Field Sales
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'