Station cleaner - Hounslow
Hounslow Train station cleaners
DBS check will be completed
The holder of this post is responsible for cleaning and presentation of trains. Ensure cleaning duties are carried out in accordance with train presentation standards and any local instructions. You will use only approved equipment, chemicals and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment in accordance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH).
- Clean and present trains for service in accordance with train presentation standards.
- Removal of internal graffiti.
- Undertake cleaning of biological hazards.
- Complete paperwork as required, detailing and signing for all work carried out.
- Dispose of collected wet waste in accordance with local instructions.
- Carry out CET duties as required.
- Advise duty Manager of any problems or defects identified.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Ensure you personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Comply with all safety systems and responsibilities at all times.
- Carry out on-board waste separation in accordance with local procedure.
- Develop a pro-active approach to safety issues.
- Report any accidents, assaults or near miss occurrences in accordance with local reporting procedures.
- Report any safety irregularities, faults or unusual occurrences in the prescribed manner.
- Ensure all relevant PPE for tasks/activities is worn at all times and in accordance with local safety instructions / risk assessments.
- Participate in all staff briefings to ensure you are informed of all relevant information.
- Examine all safety procedures, notices, publications and instructions.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with local instructions.
- Segregate hazardous waste from non-hazardous waste.
- Segregate recyclable materials.
- Dispose of bio-waste and sharps in accordance with local instructions.
- Report and clean up all spillages of oil / chemical in accordance with local instructions.
- Report any environmental incidents to manager / supervisor.
- Examine all environmental procedures, notices, publications and instructions.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System.
- Carry out all work activities in accordance with local quality procedures.
- Examine all quality procedures, notices, publications and instructions.
- Additional tasks as specified by local manager.
- Ensure that changing and mess room facilities are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Principle accountabilities may differ from depot to depot and you will be required to sign the job description acknowledgement sheet.
Documents required upon working:
- NI number (Proof of NI)
- Passport / work permit
- Proof of address
- Bank details
- DBS check
- 2 References and 1 personal
- transport cleaner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'