Job Title: Static Mechanical Multi-skilled Supervisor
Based (region/office): Weybridge
A Static Mechanical Supervisor is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor to be based in Weybridge.
Brief details of position
Duties will include, but not limited to:-
• to assist with the day-to-day operations of contract.
• Maintain strong client relationships.
• Ensure engineers are of high standard, trained and developed consistent with the company’s standards.
• Ensure reactive tasks are completed on time and efficiently.
• Ensure the contract engineers strictly follow the company’s H&S policies.
• Production of reports as and when required.
• Attend client meetings as requested.
• Regular audits of engineers work.
• Carry out monthly Toolbox Talks and Safety Briefings.
• Assist in developing business with existing clients to enhance project works.
• Be proactive with clients.
• The ability to quote for small works and manage small projects.
• To assist in ensuring the company fully complies with the contract requirements.
• To deputise for the Contracts Manager in their absence.
• To be part of Call-Out Rota / Escalation procedure.
• Ensure PPMS are completed on time each month.
• Mark-up drawings and documentation to show changes and issue to line manager.
• Where instructed by your line manager install new equipment.
• Work with an innovation approach and initiate a review, amend and reschedule PM Work Sheets (Planned Maintenance) where you feel better practices or efficiencies can be made.
• Collaborate in cross training back up, with others, directed by your line manager.
• Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
• To wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to do so by the • relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage
• Where required to provide regular reports (Daily, weekly, monthly as required) to your line manager regarding all engineering team activity.
• Able to communicate in English on a certain level to operate systems and prepare reports.
• Able to manage and give instructions to sub-contractors under line manager control.
• Able to work shifts upon request
• Weekend & Bank holiday working if needed.
• Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
• Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
• Skilled and physically able to operate plumbing and electrical hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle. Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
• Subject to call 24 hours per day on a rota and required to work in all weather conditions.
• Able to work in other locations at the request of your line manager.
A Combination of the Following:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
• Mechanical Engineering C&G 2800 Level 3
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering of Building Services
• Electrical qualifications
• Issuing Permit to Work (Discipline Dependent)
• Good Electrical knowledge
The contract is supported by a full team of Engineers, and Management.
Candidates must have some experience in a similar role and environment.
A full & detailed description of the role is available upon request. Position is subject to a successful application of a DBS check.
Salary: To be discussed at interview.
If you are an experienced Mechanical Supervisor with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.